Wednesday, August 15, 2007

More Pictures!

OK, here are some more pictures, bringing us more or less up to date. I have taken over 1100 photos so far! (So don't expect to see them all here) BTW, there is a bizarre quirk in the Chinese internet censors in that I can post my blog, but I can't see it!! Guess I'll have to wait till we get back to Nepal to make sure it tuns out OK...

Monks just wanna have fun!


Tony and me with our prayer wheels


Traffic jam on the Friendship Highway!

A boy in Tibet


Street scene in Tibet - they are butchering a yak (you can see a little bit of fur on the right)


A woman turning prayer wheels in Tibet


Yak butter candles at a Tibetan monastary


Daughter #1 and a sadhu (hindi holy man), who just gave her a tika


The daughter with Kathmandu Valley behind her


A remnant of the hippie days in Kathmandu


Mmmmm - buff momo!


Monkey at Monkey Temple (Swayambhunath)


Street in the middle of Thamel - yes, it's always this chaotic during the day!


Masks at a shop in Thamel


Pretty much what it says - at the Monkey Temple


Nioce view of one of the many stupas (Buddhist temples) we visited in Nepal

No comments: